They drank hand sanitizer after running out of alcohol
7 people died and 2 went into a coma after drinking hand sanitizer at a party held in Russia, and when they ran out of alcoholic beverages, they drank hand sanitizer, which contains 69% of methanol.
A 41-year-old woman and two men, 27 and 59, were the first to die after drinking sterile, before a medical evacuation plane flew 6 more to Yakutsk, the regional capital.
The Metro newspaper reported that last Friday, 3 people, ages 28, 32 and 69, died, and another person died on Saturday.
"9 cases of poisoning with disinfectant have been recorded, including 7 fatal cases," the Federal Public Health Monitoring Authority in Russia said.
The authorities opened a criminal investigation into the incident.